Supplementary or add-on credit cards are additional cards provided under the primary credit card to relatives of the primary cardholder. These cards usually have the same benefits and credit limit as the primary credit card and can be utilized similarly. Additionally, add-on credit cardholders can avail Rewards Points and AirMiles along with other discounts every time they use their credit card to pay for products or services. The number of add-on credit cards that can be availed depends on the credit card issuer but is usually between 3 to 5 cards. Individuals can avail add-on credit cards for their family members such as children who are adults, spouse, siblings and so on.
One of the most popular and well-known banks in the country, ICICI Bank is known for their customer friendly services and a plethora of product offerings. As part of their retail banking portfolio, ICICI Bank provides credit cards and debit cards among other products. Supplementary credit cards can also be availed by family members of the primary cardholder.
Eligibility for ICICI Bank Add-on Credit Cards
In order to avail an add-on credit card, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria –
- Applicants must be above the age of 18.
- Applicants must be an immediate blood relation of the primary cardholder such as his/her children, spouse, parents, parents-in-law, siblings and so on.
- The primary cardholder must approve the request for the add-on credit card.
Other criteria may be imposed based on the terms and conditions of ICICI Bank.
Documents Required for ICICI Bank Add-on Credit Cards
In case an applicant is eligible to avail an add-on credit card from ICICI Bank, the following documents will have to be furnished so as to complete the application process –
- The application form that has been completely filled.
- This form can be downloaded from the ICICI Bank website by scrolling to the bottom of the page wherein there is a section titled ‘Others’. Under this, ‘Form Center’ must be chosen which will then redirect customers to another page.
- ‘Personal banking’ must be selected next followed by ‘credit cards’ under which the option for ‘supplementary card request’ will have the form.
- Self-attested proof of identities such as PAN card, Aadhaar card or Passport.
- Self-attested proof of address such as Voter ID, Passport or Aadhaar card.
Additional documents may be asked for based on the requirements of ICICI Bank. It is important to note that add-on credit cards will not be provided unless KYC or Know-Your-Customer documents are not provided.
How to apply for ICICI Bank Add-on Credit Cards Online
Individuals can apply for supplementary credit cards from ICICI Bank through the following channels –
Applicants can contact the ICICI Bank Customer Care Centre that is available at all times on all days of the week from their registered mobile number from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Additionally, applicants can also write to the ICICI Bank customer care email id at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICICI Bank branch
Applicants can also contact ICICI Bank for an add-on credit card by visiting one of the numerous branches of the bank and apply for the same.
Features and Benefits of ICICI Bank Add-on Credit Cards
Supplementary credit cards are usually procured by the primary cardholder for relatives when they are not eligible for it on their own. These credit cards have certain unique features and benefits as listed below –
- Supplementary credit cards from ICICI Bank come with a number of perks that can be enjoyed by the cardholder. These perks are usually the same as that available on the primary credit card such as AirMiles, Fuel surcharge waiver and so on.
- Additionally, each time ICICI Bank add-on credit cardholders use their card, they can avail points that can be redeemed at a later date. Apart from this dining and shopping discounts can also be enjoyed.
- The credit limit of ICICI Bank supplementary credit cards are the same as that of the primary credit card. However, in certain cases, the limit on supplementary credit cards may be lower than that of the primary card.
- The primary cardholder has the option to track the spends made on all add-on credit cards separately. Additionally, the spending limit on each of the cards can also be adjusted.
- Most of these credit cards can also be used abroad, subject to certain terms and conditions.
Fees and Charges for ICICI Bank Add-on Credit Cards
Fees and charges for an ICICI Bank Add-on credit card vary based on the type of credit card chosen.
|ICICI Bank Credit Card Variant||Add-on Credit Card fee||Annual/One-Time|
|ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card||Nil||Annual|
|ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card||Nil||Annual|
|ICICI Bank British Airways Premium Credit Card Account||Nil||Annual|
|ICICI Bank British Airways Classic Credit Card Account||Nil||Annual|
|ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card||Nil||Annual|
|ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card||Nil||Annual|
|ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit Card||Nil||Annual|
|Jet Airways ICICI Bank Rubyx American Express Credit Card||Rs.250||Annual|
|Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card||Rs.250||Annual|
ICICI Bank Credit Cards with Add-on Options
Given below are the list of cards that come with a supplementary credit card option –
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card
- ICICI Bank British Airways Premium Credit Card Account
- ICICI Bank British Airways Classic Credit Card Account
- ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit Card
- Jet Airways ICICI Bank Rubyx American Express Credit Card
- Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card
- Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro American Express Credit Card
- Jet Airways ICICI Bank Coral Visa Credit Card
- Jet Airways ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit Card
- Jet Airways ICICI Bank Coral American Express Credit Card
- Ferrari Signature Credit Card by ICICI Bank
- Ferrari Platinum Credit Card by ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank Ascent American Express® Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Platinum Identity Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Coral American Express Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Carbon
- ICICI Bank HPCL Platinum Credit Card/ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Credit Card/ ICICI Bank HPCL Titanium Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Unifare Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Expressions Credit Card