Well if the account is locked due to wrong password attempts, don’t worry! It’s temporary and will be locked for 24 Hrs. after that you can again try or you can get your password reset online itself. (That’s the best part I like about HDFC Bank’s Net-Banking).
Actually locking of account is a safety measure, if some unauthenticated person tries to break into your Net Banking then after 5 wrong tries the account get locked for 24 Hrs. and this is known as ‘Cooling Period’. That means the fraudster has to wait for 24 Hrs. to try again to break into your account.
Anyways, that’s the different story, coming to the point that “you can still reset your password even if your account got locked”. However you can login only after the ‘Cooling Period’ with you new password.
To reset your Password, just follow the steps below:
- Go to Login Page of your HDFC Net Banking
- Put in your Customer ID
- Click on the Forgot IPIN (Password)
- A New Page Opens up, there you will find the process to Regenerate your IPIN. There Click on the link “Click here to regenerate your IPIN now“
- On the New Page, enter your Customer ID
- Then on new page, select your mobile number registered with bank for OTP
- Then input you OTP in the field and click continue
- After that the page will show you the linked debit cards with your account, there select your debit card
- The page will prompt you to enter the card expiry and Debit Card PIN (which you use in ATM for cash withdrawal)
- Upon successful authentication you can create your new password, but remember it should not match with the last three passwords you used
- When the password is successfully reset, then you will be redirected to the login page
- Whoa! you have reset your password, enjoy net banking…
Note: For security reasons I have not shared any links to the website or the password change pages and even I don’t recommend any one to use the links on websites, blogs, portals, or in emails as there may be chances of phishing attack. Always type in the Bank website URL and navigate from there only.