The city of Ahmedabad too, has been witnessing a massive surge in development of houses for the poor. For the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin), Ahmedabad was one of the five districts chosen for the implementation.
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) and the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) are also working towards providing affordable houses to the urban poor in the state. As of January 2017, a total of 4,369 projects have been approved under the Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) component. In addition to this, the AMC recently released the results of the housing scheme draw in the city, while the AUDA has released scheme details for housing projects at Nikol-Kathwada and Vaishnodevi Circle.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Ahmedabad Helpline Numbers
In case of any queries, you can get in touch with customer care representatives on the following toll-free numbers:
You can also visit the official website of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority to get in touch with the respective officials.
Components of the PMAY Ahmedabad
The PMAY scheme was created to provide affordable housing to the urban poor of the country. This includes Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Lower Income Groups (LIG) and Middle Income Groups (MIG). The urban poor have been categorised into four components and benefits will be provided for each of them.
- In Situ Slum Rehabilitation (ISSR) – This component is directed towards citizens who are living in a slum. A grant of Rs. 1 lakh will be provided per housing unit, and the Urban Local Bodies and the State Government will be working together on the project.
- Beneficiary Led Construction (BLC) – This component is meant for those people who have a house/land of their own and are interested in further construction/enhancement. A financial assistance of Rs. 1.5 lakh will be provided to the beneficiaries under this component.
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) – This component is for those who can afford to purchase/enhance/construct a house with the help of home loans. A subsidy on interest payment of up to Rs. 2.6 lakh will be provided to the beneficiaries here.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) – This component is for those people who neither own a house/land nor can they afford to build one using home loans. A central assistance of Rs. 1.5 lakh will be provided to the beneficiaries here as well.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Ahmedabad
Before we proceed with the eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled to successfully apply for the PMAY scheme, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
- The beneficiary family must not own an all-weather house in any part of the country. An affidavit confirming the same must be submitted with the application.
- The beneficiary family must not have taken central assistance or any related benefits from the Government of India under any housing-related scheme
- If a married couple is applying for the subsidy under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme, then they will be eligible only for single subsidy, irrespective of the ownership status
Only after fulfilling the aforementioned conditions an applicant can apply for the PMAY scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for the CLSS
The following table clearly illustrates the eligibility criteria that one needs to fulfil, to avail benefits under the CLSS.
|Category||Required Household Income||Subsidy on Interest (%)||Maximum loan amount considered for subsidy calculation||Maximum Subsidy||Maximum Carpet Area (sq.mt)|
|EWS and LIG||Up to Rs. 50,000 per month||6.50%||Rs. 6 lakh||Rs. 2.67 lakh||60 sq.mt|
|MIG 1||Rs. 50,0001 – Rs. 1,00,000 per month||4.00%||Rs. 9 lakh||Rs. 2.35 lakh||120 sq.mt|
|MIG 2||Rs. 1,00,001 – Rs. 1,50,000 per month||3.00%||Rs. 12 lakh||Rs. 2.30 lakh||150 sq.mt|
Documents Required to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Ahmedabad
The following documents need to be submitted along with the duly filled application form in order to benefit from the CLSS.
- Self-declaration form to provide income certificate for people belonging to EWS/LIG
- National identification proof and unique identification such as passport, voter ID, driving license, PAN card, Aadhaar card, et cetera
- Address proof
- Category proof, if applicable
- Income proof such as salary slip, latest income tax return, Form 16, bank statement of the salary account of the last six months, salary certificate, et cetera
- In case of self-employed, the balance sheet, profit and loss account, business license, self-attested financial statement et cetera may be required
- Property documents like valuation certificate, approved plan of construction, certificate stating cost of repairs/construction, and expected life and fitness of the flat/house
- Agreement of Sale, NOC from the housing society, receipt of advance payment (if applicable) are also needed
How To Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Ahmedabad
The process to apply for benefits under the PMAY scheme is fairly simple and straightforward. The following steps are to be followed in order to submit your application.
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana at http://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Once there, select ‘Citizen Assessment’ option
- There are two components of the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option. You need to select one of the two options, depending upon your category:For Slum dwellers – This option is to be selected if you reside in slum
Benefit under other 3 components – This option is to be selected if you do not reside in slum
- Upon selecting the suitable option, you will be directed to a page where you will have to enter your Aadhaar number
- If the Aadhaar number entered is correct, then you will be taken to a page where you will be asked to fill in a form. Remember that this is a lengthy process so it is advisable to keep sometime apart for this
- After filling in all the details correctly, enter the captcha in the box provided at the end
- Click on ‘Save’ and you will be directed to a page which will display your application number. You can take a printout of this page or save it on your system for future reference.
- For more information about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Ahmedabad, you can visit the official websites of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority
Tracking PMAY Ahmedabad Application Status
Once you have submitted your application, you can track its status online by going through the following steps:
Step 1: Visit the ‘Track Assessment Form’ link at http://pmaymis.gov.in/Track_Application_Status.aspx , Alternately, you can also select ‘Track Your Assessment Status’ under the ‘Citizen Assessment’option on the main site to visit the page
Step 2: Once on the page, there are two paths to go about:
By Father’s Name & ID Type, and By Assessment ID
Step 3: If you select the first option, then you will have to enter the following details: Your name, father’s name, state, district, city, mobile number and the ID number, depending on the type chosen
Step 4: If you select the second option, then all you have to enter is the Assessment ID you were provided, and the mobile number
You can also edit your assessment form by selecting the ‘Edit Assessment Form’ option.